Many entrepreneurs today take up the decision of joining a franchise brand rather than starting their own independent venture. But before you join a franchise it is important to do a thorough research. Here are some steps you should follow in order to perform an exhaustive research on any franchise brand.
• Open the Google Search Engine and type in the franchise name to search. The top links hence available can provide almost all detailed information about the franchise. Sometimes the results may also direct you to the official websites of the franchisor.
• Almost all professional today prefer having a profile on the social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, etc. Visit these websites and search for the profiles of the members of management in the franchise. This will give you an insight into their background, experience and qualification.
• It is also quite probable that the brand you are researching about has a You-tube channel as well. Go to You-tube and watch the videos about this brand posted by themselves and others.
• People who are already working with the Franchise in question and own franchises with that brand can give you a fair idea of what it is all about. Speak to the franchisee in or near your area and share with them their experiences, problems and achievements.
• Try to approach a franchisee as an admission enquiry, as this way you can get to view the office settings and school working style, etc. for yourself. There are chances that they may not show you around otherwise.
• Last but not the least; do visit the head office of the organisation before you make any concrete decision about taking the franchise. This way you get to know the work culture of the franchise in a close and better way.